Friday, March 7, 2008

Me as a Writer

I like to read all sorts of writing, but I don't do it often enough. Poems are fun, especially if I can relate an idea from it to my life, or if it makes me think deep. I also like poems that appreciate nature and beauty and happiness. Robert Frost is probably my favorite poet.
My favorite things to write are short stories. It's nice to sometimes just sit down and start writing and I like to not worry about metaphors and morals and just let the imagination crank out an entertaining story. I wrote one about a vampire that was published in last year's images. I'm pretty proud of that. I've also written some poetry (one of which is also in the book) about things like nature and outer space. Most of it I did last year. Hopefully I'll be writing some more pretty soon. I enjoyed writing the play, it'd be fun to do more of that.
I used to write a lot more than I do now, which is hardly at all.
One thing I like writing about is violence. It's a good way to get rid of aggression. It's like playing violent video games but you invent what happens. I haven't written much about it, though. Otherwise, I like writing about nature, and snow, and love and stuff.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Sometimes it really is fun to just sit down and write a short story. Sometimes I like to just sit down and write without a topic in mind and just see what comes out. Sometimes its an incoherent mess, but sometimes really good ideas can manifest themselves.