Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Some phone call I got. I think it was a wrong number.

My name? Oh, don't worry about that. But I know who you are and I've known for a very long time. I called you for a reason, Jane Margaret Berkshire. You'd best listen very carefully to everything I have to say. It'll go fast but you need to keep up. Your life depends on it.
I am an affiliate of a brotherhood. I could tell you our name but you wouldn't recognize it. We've had our eye on you and your sisters for some time now. We know that you are the great- granddaughter of the master sword-crafter Tetron Basaui. When he was young, he learned a secret of our brotherhood and he spread it around like wildfire. After many years of hunting and tracking, we've managed to destroy those who were told the secret so that soon it will belong only to the brotherhood again. You and your sisters know the secret. It was passed down in your family in the form of a lullaby sung before bed in order to burn it into your memory. Even your newborn child has heard it.
Now, my point. Jane. The brotherhood has captured your sisters. They won't survive the night. You are the brotherhood's next target. They are on their way to your house and should be there within the hour. You must escape with your child and leave your life behind. Leave your husband, leave the country, leave your name. You must be untraceable. The secret must live on through the Basaui line. The fate of the world may depend on it.
Who am I? A friend, for now. But hurry. You don't have much time.
*click*

1 comment:

gabby said...

hey, i like your stroy. it's very suspenseful...reminds me of something i'd read in a dan brown book :]