Monday, February 25, 2008

1. Reflection

I enjoyed writing my play. I'd never done anything like it before. I'd only read the plays or seen them on stage. Earlier in the year, when I was in AP World Lit, we read Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett. It was one of the few things we read that I enjoyed. It had existentialist and absurdist themes and ideas. I tried to incorporate some mood and feelings from it into my play. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead is another absurdist play that I read in the past. I liked the kind of humor that both of the plays use, and I decided to go that route. It ended up being pretty unique and I think solid too. I enjoyed attempting to fit the story onto the stage and include the audience in some of the action. I definitely think that I'll write more plays in the future.

No comments: