Monday, February 25, 2008

2. Advice

If I gave advice to a ten-year-old, first I would try to put myself in his shoes. I would ask if he had any problems that he was concerned about, whether in his social life or at school or in his family. Then I would try to look for solutions to those problems to help him get through it. Then I would explain to him my general philosophy that I try to follow. In general I find that life is easier and more enjoyable when I don't worry too much. A little worrying is necessary to get by, but minimizing would be the best option. It's good to try to take it easy and be relaxed, especially in moments high stress, because then they can be handled calmly. I also like to solve problems using logic and being reasonable to come up with a solution that hurts the least amount of people possible. If someone is upset, while you should keep in mind that they're just having a bad day and don't want to be bothered, you should generally look for the source of displeasure so that it might be removed. Using these guidelines should help get you on the right track for a good life.

No comments: